Friday, March 15, 2013

Pink and Wine Anniversary

We drove up to Sombra to pick up my prize package that I won from Creative Keepsakes this afternoon. The custom officer wanted to know what was in it and I said "crafty supplies". He wanted to see the invoice but I told him I didn't have one because it was a prize I had won and they didn't send me an invoice. He asked me exactly what was in it and I told him I had no idea other then crafting supplies because I won it and they didn't specify exactly what it was that I won. So, of course he gets suspicious and says he has to open it. Fine me with I tell him because I want to see what I won too. He opened it and looked inside and was not impressed and gave it back to me and said "go". Well, hubby wasn't impressed either but I sure liked it. I got a set of stamps, a 12x12 alphabet stencil from Crafter's Workshop, a jar packed full of different colour silk flowers and 12 pages of heavy duty, double sided cardstock. I started to tell Joe about how much each one was but I could tell he didn't really believe me and thought I was making it sound good to make up for driving up to Sombra. I decided to let him think that. After all, do I really want him to know how much crafting supplies cost? I think not.

Today's card is another one that I made using some paper from my stash.

 
The background paper was in with a package of paper I bought at the thrift store. I just had to cut it down a wee bit to fit the card. I stamped the label onto pink cardstock with a purply-pink ink and then cut it out. Then I inked the edges with the same ink. I found a piece of darker pink cardstock and flipped the stamped label over and traced it on the back of hot pink paper and cut it out about 1/8" larger - a mental test for sure! Then I inked those edges too and attached them to the card with dimensional dots. The ribbon is sheer ribbon in a patterned wine and I just wrapped it around and died a bow. The butterflies were die cut using a Stampin' Up die and, of course, I inked the edges and embossed areas. On the larger pink butterfly I added some left over peel-and-stick gold trim.

Another weekend is upon us. Make it a good one everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...