Friday, February 17, 2017

Dandelion Card


This was such a busy day I almost forgot to post a card. We went out for lunch today and then stopped in at a friend’s house, who happens to be a Close to my Heart dealer, and the lady involved with the Friends of Rondeau who arranges the raffle draw. So we took the deer quilt to her (see previous post to view the quilt) and I looked through her supply of retired stamp sets and bought a few. That means after supper tonight I retired to the lower studio (aka the basement) and stamped and stamped and stamped. I’m very happy with the stamp sets I chose. One of them was an entire set of old fashioned cameras – it’s my favourite.



Here’s a hint for you if you own old polymer stamps that do not stick to your acrylic block anymore – rub them with hand sanitizer! You don’t need much. Just work it in and then let it dry. If you use too much just wipe it off with a soft cloth – I cut up old T-shirts to use. The stamps will stick like new after that. I think I got this hint from one of our local Stampin’ Up dealers but not sure. I just know it works.



Today’s card is another one made with the Memory Box Chandra die.

 

This time I die cut the flowers (dandelions are flowers aren’t they) out of 3 different cardstocks; kraft; brown; black. Spellbinder’s die was used to die cut the circle out of the green cardstock and then cream cardstock that was stamped with the dandelion bits (a stamp from HOTP) was glued behind it. It was then glued onto a kraft card base and then the flowers were glued on. The sentiment is also from HOTP. Here’s another hint for you – always stamp the sentiment before gluing it to the card. That way if you mess up you haven’t ruined a card.



It was a pleasant day here today but the wind got a little cold in the afternoon. However, the weekend looks awesome. It is supposed to get up to 14C tomorrow…..that’s 57F people. That’s a very unusual temperature in February in Canada. What ever the weather is where you live, have a wonderful weekend.





Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...