Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Make a Wish


Another very cold windy day here in Ontario. We had a few snow flurries this morning but they were short-lived and there was no accumulation so now shovelling required. Tonight is quilt guild meeting so I hope the wind goes down by then. Monday and Tuesday I got busy and made 18 blocks (12 ½” x 12 ½”) to be made into quilts that will be donated to various Ronald McDonald Houses. This is a blitz being run by Canada Quilters and quilters all across Canada are participating. Each block has to have a piece of Canadian themed fabric in it and I brought home more bits to make more blocks. So much fun to make these! I missed the quilting blitz that our own guild had in January so I wanted to make some at home.



One of the dies my friend lent me was this Memory Box die called Chandra. Here’s the first card I made with it.

 



I die cut the stems from plain white cardstock and tinted the stems light mossy green. To give them some sparkle I carefully put a layer of glue on the tops and then sprinkled on clear glitter and set them aside to dry while I made the rest of the card.

All the paper is from the stash and the gold sentiment is a peel-off.



The circles were die cut with Spellbinder’s dies. First I die cut a circle in the patterned paper and placed mossy green solid cardstock behind it. Then I die cut a circle frame from the same mossy green cardstock as the bottom piece and placed it around the cut-off circle. One of the stems is behind the designer paper and the other two on top.  You may have to double click on the photo to see what I mean. The stamped sentiment (Stampin’ Up) was stamped on white cardstock with VersaMark ink; Forest Moss Distress Ink and then clear embossing powder was sprinkled on and heat set. Then I simply cut around it and attached it with dimensional glue strips. I quite liked how this turned out and I like this die enough I just might go buy it.



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.



That’s all for a cold and windy Wednesday, February 15, 2017.



Cheers

Violet




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...