Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Covered Bridges and Barn Quilts


My body hates me! That’s the conclusion I’ve come to. In spite of not drinking, smoking or taking drugs; being a vegetarian; not eating junk food and getting lots of exercise, my body rebels. I had an abscessed tooth just before Easter that, once cleared up, had a root canal done on it. It will not heal properly. I still cannot chomp down on anything firm. The dentist saw me again today and if it’s not better in two weeks, I need to have the root canal re-done. Everything looks good on the x-ray so he cannot understand why it is not healing – it’s because my body hates me, that’s why! At least it’s not throbbing anymore.

Today I’m posting my latest quilt. I usually forget to post them on the blog. Double click on the picture to enlarge it.




Hubby found this panel of covered bridges that all had barn quilts on them at a small quilt shop in Dresden, ON where we went to get the fabric for a charity quilt I was making. He knows I love the covered bridges and that our quilt guild just finished about 20 barn quilts that are mounted on several barns, church yards and businesses in Chatham-Kent, so he insisted we need a quilt from it. Once I got it home I realized that the covered bridges were for each season with three for each one so they had to go three across and four down. I decided to use the Attic Window quilt block design for this. The rest of the quilt I just made up as I went after getting some tips and ideas from friends. The other material came from two other quilt shops plus some from my stash. I really liked how it turned out….but hubby has claimed it as his own! Finders rights I guess!

        That’s all for another cold Wednesday, April 11, 2018. We actually had more snow pellets come down this morning but luckily it didn’t last long. According to the weather network we are in for about 4 or 5 days of heavy rain and some areas will be getting freezing rain. I saw a funny meme on Facebook that said Mother Nature wants it to be spring but Father Time is driving and refuses to stop for directions!

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.










1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear your tooth is still giving you trouble Violet! I hope it sorts itself out without further dentist attention..

    Gosh thats a lovely quilt ... I just love covered bridges too and i can see why hubby has claimed it for his own...

    We are enjoying a few days of 70's F then Friday expecting thunderstorms which will bring in a cold front.. Highs in the 40's for the weekend..brrr..

    Well girlfriend i've about got my 'chores' done for the day.. cake in the oven still ... will soon be out.. I hope to sneak in a couple hours in the craft room... fingers crossed...... Big Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...