Monday, October 15, 2018

Feathers on a Card


        Well the weekend was pretty nice with temperatures around 12C (53F) but the with the sun shining and no bitter cold wind it was a pleasant temperature to be outside in. Today however; the wind is bitter cold so it’s not pleasant to be out in it at all.

        Today’s card is one I whipped up for a man’s birthday but not sure I’m all that happy with it. You can let me know if it’s a hit or miss in the comments….and I do enjoy receiving the feedback. 

         My sister gave me a nice pile of purple cardstock…along with quite a few other colours. I think she was thinking of making cards herself but then decided not to so I was the happy recipient of her stash.

        For this card I cut the purple cardstock down to fit on a standard black card base. Then I cut the middle of the purple cardstock out with a rectangle die….its hidden so why waste it! I could do that because I put a piece of white cardstock over top of the purple. Before gluing down the cut out piece I ran it through the Big Shot using some feather dies to emboss rather than cut….you know you can do that right? Just lay the cardstock over the die (face up) and then lay embossing mat over the cardstock; using the usual plates you normally would for embossing and run it through as if you were embossing a cut piece.  You have to enlarge the card to see them I think.

Once all the paper was glued in place I took some feathers and glued them together at the bottom and tied a jute string around them to hold them in place. Then they were glued down to the left edge. The banner as hand cut from another piece of the same purple cardstock; the sentiment was stamped and heat embossed; and tucked underneath the feathers. It is adhered with a dimensional glue strip.  

        So the person I was thinking of making it for loves to hunt so that is where the inspiration comes from. His birthday is not until May though so I have lots of time to decide if I like it enough to send it….or one of my friends might like it for a man in their life and I’ll make another one. Let me know your thoughts of it.

 Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.




1 comment:

  1. LOVE the idea of the embossed feathers with REAL feathers... not sure i LOVE the purple though... Id like to see it in other colors..

    Its been downright chilly here and you know me its very welcome.. i should say wet and chilly and that just makes it feel even more damp you know..

    Kicked the heat on for the first time today.. We seem to have gone straight from Summer to Winter... thats never a good thing .. i do enjoy some Fall.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...