Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Scrappy Cards - Use those Scraps


        It was a beautiful day here today which was nice after three days of rain! More rain tomorrow, nice on Friday, rain for the next four days which means our Thanksgiving weekend is a wash! That’s right; this weekend is the Canadian Thanksgiving. It’s always the second Monday in October. I was hoping go on a trip to see family but we don’t want to go when it’s terrible weather. Oh well, we will be thankful at home!

        Today’s card is another ‘use those scraps’ cards…and I love how these turn out.



All the designer paper is from an old 8x8 inch paper pack that was double sided. I had cut sections off to use in the standard card sizes so there were strips left over so it was time to use them up. I like to cut the strips about 1 ½” wide…or so…depends on what size the scraps are….and then cut them on the diagonal. I start glued them down with the sharp point near one corner….or where ever you want really as long as they all meet at the same place. This time I added strips of various gold peel-offs down each seam….this is optional but I rather like it. Then I added that dark purple triangle to cover the sharp ends; added another gold peel-off strip; some gold peel-off flowers and sentiment and mounted it on a card base. I love making these types of cards. They all turn out different.

That’s all for a beautiful Wednesday, October 3, 2018. Tonight is the first night for NHL – that’s hockey in case you are not a sports fan. I root for the Toronto Maple Leafs but Joe is a Red Wing fan…..we watch the games on separate TV’s; separate rooms; separate levels of the house….yeah, that’s why we have a happy marriage….avoid any unnecessary conflict! Especially because on person in this house (Joe) likes to tease but doesn’t seem to like being teased back so this works out well. Men!

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.




1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh and you and Joe and hockey...lol Alvin and i are not such sports fans...We do watch a little NFL and if we had to pick a fav team we might pick Dallas Cowboys but honestly i notice i go for the quarterbacks.. I like Tom Brady and was a huge fan of Peyton Manning before he retired and now i'm watching the newby Dak Prescott for the Cowboys.. I think he has potential.. I LOVE how this card turned out to Violet! Really classy looking! I think the gold down the seams really makes it! We have rain chances off and on.. I just wish the cool weather would come and stay... We are in the mid 80's F this week...uuughh.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...