Monday, October 1, 2018

Trees and Motorcycles for Masculine Cards


            Saturday was a wonderful fall day with sun, no cold wind….a bit of a cool breeze but not cold…and there was both an antique fire truck display and an Etsy fair all on the main street through downtown Chatham. There were fire trucks from Ontario, N.Y., Penn., Michigan and Ohio and perhaps other states as well. There were some early ambulances as well….one was a car! Here’s a few pictures we took. I didn’t take my camera so we only had my cell phone and because of the sun shining down on it, you really couldn’t see what you were taking a picture of so it was really a point and shoot thing. The card is posting further down!


This one could only put out small fires I think.

This guy was on stilts! I was so impressed. After all, I'm been accused...accurately so.... of tripping over air so being able to walk on stilts amazes me.

A work in progress...the truck, not Joe!

This car was an ambulance!
The patient would ride in the passenger seat!

Another 'small fires only' fire truck.

This one was pulled by a small truck.

We loved these old vehicles.



        Anyone who lives in Chatham-Kent and sells on Etsy was offered a booth and there were dozens of them. I had no idea we had so many talented people in Chatham-Kent who sold their creations on Etsy….although I knew there were a lot of talented people around. I don’t think I’ve checked Etsy out more than a half dozen times. We didn’t buy anything but it was interesting to walk through it. And now for the card I’m posting.
        Today’s card was made using the Stampin’ Up woodland embossing folder and a small HOTP motorcycle stamp. I’m starting to dig into my older craft supplies that I haven’t used for awhile. I own a LOT of supplies….most come from the thrift stores and the rest I buy on sale at the local scrapbook store, The Paper Pickle….very few from Michaels. But, like the rest of us, once I use them a few times I want to use something different and I’m on a ‘don’t buy any more supplies’ kick…unless they are from the thrift store of course! So, its pulling out older supplies and guess what, when you don’t see them for weeks or months, they seem new again!

         For this card I sponged some blue and grey ink on the back of the embossing folder near the top for the sky and into the bark of the trees; stamped some green evergreens and then the motorcycle and then ran it through the Big Shot on a piece of white cardstock. This embosses the cardstock but leaves a stamped design in the background. Then I just added some red to the motorcycle to make it stand out. It was mounted on a Kraft card base. The tag was hand cut from a piece of left over Kraft paper with a black peel-off sentiment. Men seem to enjoy getting this type of card! No bows, flowers or glitz for them. Boring!

        That’s all for a very rainy day… with more to come tomorrow…Monday, October 1, 2018. October already! I’m not ready for the cold air and snow yet!

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...