Monday, May 25, 2020

Miss You Card


       Our strange weather pattern continues. First we had a wet, cold (including snow) early in May; then about 3 days of spring-like weather; and now its summer - hot and humid summer - and I love it! The weather network predicted thunderstorms all last weekend and into this week - no storms and not a drop of rain!
       One of our neighbour's moved this week. Her and her late husband were living near us when we moved here 32 years ago. But looking after a house by oneself is not easy so she is off to an apartment. I just had to make her a card.

         I had some bits of pretty yellow cardstock left over and decided to use it up. The strip along the left side was long enough to fit on a standard card base so it was taped at the back to a plain yellow piece of cardstock. I had decided to mount it on the green card base so I found a piece of green that matched in the stash and cut a very narrow strip and glued it down the seam. Jennifer McGuire does this a lot and I decided to steal her idea. Then there was a chunk left over so I die cut some circles from it with the flowers in the centre and then glued them onto the yellow. I wanted them to look like they were floating so each one has one bit cut off and that edge was glued to one of the edges. 
     Then I stamped that ‘inchie’ stamp on a piece of white cardstock and coloured the flower in yellow.  It was die cut with a stitched banner; glued on an angle with the end cut off. The little white arrow came with that flip card die set that I mentioned on last Monday’s post and it was die cut three times and glued on top of each other to make it thicker. On the top one I hand wrote “we will” and then glued it so it pointed to the inchie’s message. Once I liked the layout, it was glued to the green card base. Hope she liked it. We will keep in touch with her but it’s never the same once they move away.
     That's all for a hot and humid Monday on May 25, 2020.
Cheers
Violet
PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...