Friday, May 15, 2020

The Scarlet Tanager Card


        Ah, finally spring-like weather – but it brought pouring rain with it! That’s okay! We don’t have to shovel rain! I was hoping to get out in the garden today but the rain came fast and furious….maybe tomorrow.
        Today’s photo card features my husband’s favourite bird, The Scarlet Tanager.
                      
         Once again the sentiment was added in Photoshop and then the photo was printed. It was mounted on this navy card with red polka dots and with just a few poking out, it picked up the red in the bird.
Next week I’m going to feature a couple of ‘flip cards’ from an old Sizzix die set…..definitely not my favourite die to use but “If I buy it, I must use it”. It’s an old die from our former scrapbook store’s sale table. When I'm using it, I quite often think, "I should have left it there!". But once the card is finished, its "Oh, I'm glad I bought that die". 
Have a safe and happy weekend! We are still doing the ‘safe at home’ as much as we can….if it wasn’t for needing groceries and our meds we not be leaving at all.
Cheers
Violet
PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.




1 comment:

  1. i think the Tanagers we have here we call Summer Tanager.. not sure if thats the same thing..I don't think they have the black wings.. Look very much like a Cardinal without the crest.. Beautiful bird.. beautiful card. We stay home as much as possible while still continuing working on the house... Big hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...