Friday, June 5, 2020

A Crazy Bird Card


        Another day with threat of rain and/or thunderstorm and another day of nothing! It was very hot and humid during the day here but the wind cooled it off after supper….time to turn off the A/C and open the windows!
        This is another card for my brother who is in the hospital. I mail him one every couple of weeks so it’s nice to have some on hand.
                           
         I haven’t used the Tim Holtz crazy bird stamps for months so I pulled them out and stamped them and die cut them all with the coordinating dies. It’s amazing how they cut them right to the edge and between the legs. This is the only one I have coloured so far. The eyes and the beak were die cut with the accessory dies as was the bow tie. The background was just white cardstock and I used a die to sponge through a stencil using some blue ink that was very close in colour to the card base I wanted to use. Then I used one of the Stampin’ Up Grunge stamps to stamp the lines here and there but stronger where I wanted the bird to stand. The sentiment was stamped in the same colour as the sponged areas. First I stamped it with VersaMark ink; then the blue ink; sprinkled on some clear embossing powder and heat set it. The Tim Holtz stamp positioner comes in handy doing this method.
        That’s all for a hot and humid Friday on June 5, 2020. Have a wonderful safe and creative weekend all.
Cheers
Violet
PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.



1 comment:

  1. We've had two beautiful days and one night with the A/C off... cool no humidity... glorious.. By this afternoon it may be back on! Love Tim Holtz birds... but have never talked myself into buying them.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...