Wednesday, June 3, 2020

A Masculine Thinking of You Card

 

        It’s beginning to feel like summer again – the temperature is going to keep rising until it will feel like it’s in the 90sF again. But on Saturday it was so cold we almost turned the furnace back on. It was supposed to be hot and humid today but there was a lovely wind blowing that kept it quite nice – unless you were in the direct sun without the wind and then, hot!
               

 Today’s card is a card I made for my older brother who is in the hospital. He loves old cars so that’s why I made him this one. The car die is from Aliexpress and it was die cut twice and glued together to make it thicker. The gear embossing folder is from Sizzix I think. First I inked one side of the folder with light grey ink just to cut down on the white and then after it was embossed I went over it with a darker grey ink to hit the embossed areas.  Then the edges were inked with Black Soot Distress Ink. The car needed something to sit on so I added a couple layers of different Washi tape – one layer was not enough and I like layering them. The sentiment is from Tim Holtz and it was also die cut twice and glued together. Once I liked it, it was glued to a black card base.
        That’s all for a hot and getting humid Wednesday, June 3, 2020.
Cheers
Violet
PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.




1 comment:

  1. LOVE this masculine card Violet... men can be so difficult to design a card for can't they? I'm sure your brother will love it. Summer has arrived here too.. hot and humid and i'am NOT happy...lol oh well it had to arrive some time.. and i did have a glorious cool Spring....Take care! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...