Wednesday, August 5, 2020

HIJA Card!

        The weather here has done a 180! It’s been hot and humid for weeks now and then all of a sudden the temperatures started to drop and it’s downright chilly out there now. It was only 13C (54F) when I got up this morning!

The weather is as crazy as then entire year has been!

        Today’s card was another “What in the world can I do with this” card…..I think it worked out okay.

           

         I had a few of these Ninjas stamped and die cut and wasn’t sure what to do with some of them. I also had this piece of odd coloured glossy paper that was definitely on my ‘this is so ugly’ list and ‘what was I thinking’ list. I’m not sure exactly what I did to mess up this paper but I think I tried to use Distress Inks on glossy paper – didn’t work. I just wasn’t sure what to do with it either. Then I picked up this die that cuts out that strange pattern and quite honestly, I have no idea why I bought it!....it must have looked different in the package??? But…once it was die cut I decided it looked like webbing so I mounted one of the Ninjas on a matching die cut piece of foam; cut apart some of the webbing and stuck some of the Ninja behind the webbing so it looks like he was bursting through it. Before gluing it down I ran a dark purple pen around the edge of the webbing die cut. This was then mounted on a piece of light coloured cardstock and then on a purple card base. The left over piece of ugly paper was cut down to fit on the bottom of the card and those edges were inked with the same purple. The large sentiment was die cut from the same light paper as behind the webbing. The small sentiment was in the same set as the Ninja stamps so it was stamped on white cardstock with one end cut off on an angle and then it was mounted using dimensional foam. Whew! Done; used up some ugly paper and it’s not bad.

        That’s all for a chilly Wednesday, on August 5, 2020.

 

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...