Friday, August 12, 2022

Bringing out the old

 Finally I’m able to post a card. The computer has been acting up and it was too frustrating to deal with. It keeps doing updates but sometimes I wish it would just leave it alone!

Today’s card was made using a very old Stampin' Up stamp. I picked up the set at the thrift store years ago. Every once in awhile I pull these old stamps out that I haven’t used for ages and they feel like new products again.

                              
     I had a small piece of that blue flowered heavy paper left and once again, decided to use it instead of putting it back in the stash. I found the dark blue cardstock that went well with it and die cut the large stitched banner. The card base was made from the same cardstock that the stamped image is mounted on. The dragonfly was stamped and then I lightly moved some of the colour around with a damp paint brush to give that water coloured effect.

The other day I sat and painted several sheets of water colour paper; mixing some colours for variety, splattered either water, same colour paint or watered-down white paint to use in future cards. I wasn't feeling well but wanted something to do. It kept me busy all afternoon but when I put it all away, I felt like I had nothing to show for it. So first I die cut a lot of greenery, especially for use in the Christmas cards. Then I took out one of the yellow ones and die cut some flowers - oh, nice! I didn't get the cards finished but I'm so glad I took the time to paint these. I got the idea from watching a Penny Black video.  Hope you come back to see those ones - coming soon.

That’s all for a beautiful summer day today. The oppressive heatwave is finally over and we are back to absolutely perfect summer days. Have a safe and happy weekend everyone and be kind, always.Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Your dragonfly card is so pretty!!! I love the color! I don't play with my stamps often enough.. old or new.. OOOoo i'm looking forward to seeing your new cards! Hot here as usual and dry.. But i'm up early for a walk.. I'm sorry to hear you were under the weather.. hope you are feeling better! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...